We are all bound by choice, not because we are obliged to but because we need to make sure that we get the best out of anything that we do. Today, we are going to look at growing plants and not just any plant, but weed specifically. Growing weed requires a light source for it to grow and that is commonly led. We are going to look at one particular type of led which is the full spectrum led grow lights and we are going to look at it in detail now.
What is the need for full spectrum led grow lights?
- It is important to actually address the need for a particular purpose before getting into it. With that being said, one must actually look into the growing of weed properly and analyse it before they get into the specifications of things.
- Growing weed is not done the conventional way, it is subject to artificial light sources (LEDs and so on) for its growth and this way, one can harness the growth of weed quite exponentially.
- But, growing weed isn’t just subject to a light source alone, there are quite a few factors that one needs to look into before they actually start the process of growing weed.
- The first thing to know is that LEDs aren’t the only light source that is available in the market, but there are a couple of others as well such as fluorescent and high-intensity discharge light sources.
- But, like most things, these alternatives are also not ideal because of the cons that they bring in. These cons severely affect the growth rate of weed and hence, this is the reason why one actually prefers LEDs, in the end.
- The specific led that we are referring to, ie the full spectrum led grow lights are not exactly necessary but they are so if one aims to get the best produce at the end of the day and since that is what most people strive for, it provides all the more reason for people to go for this light source.
- Now that we understand the need for full spectrum led grow lights, we need to understand how it works and how one could effectively make use of it to the maximum extent possible so without any further ado, let us look into its understanding in detail now!
Understanding the full spectrum led grow lights
- There are terms that we often understand and seldom do not, in this case, it is the latter. One needs to know that the terms that manufacturers and retailers use to advertise their products might or might not have a hidden meaning to it.
- While, in most cases, it is used as a means of branding to increase sales turnover, in some cases, it represents the actual need of the product.
- In this case, it represents the working limit of the product. In order to understand this, we need to go back to the roots of science. Light is divided into wavelengths all of which is conveniently held in a spectrum, and this represents the light we can and cannot see.
- The light we can see is limited to each organism, and for plants (weed) it is different from us. It is different because it can actually ‘see’ more than us.
- How this works with full spectrum is that it actually pushes the spectrum limits to more than what is generally available and it is hence called as the full spectrum led grow lights because of this.
- These light sources are available in the form of bands which make up up the colours which we can and cannot see. The lights that we cannot see have the highest radiation such as UV, Infrared and so on and this is instrumental for one to grow weed because weed needs radiation to grow.
- Hence the power offered by these lights (aka full spectrum) offers proper growth of the weed. Besides, the benefits that these lights offer are quite good to know and one can also make use of them.
- For instance, people when generally trying to grow weed look for power sources which are consistent in nature and are durable to the highest limit possible. This is possible by this light source as its life is exceptionally high.
- The other benefit undoubtedly is the power at which it specifies making sure the weed is properly nurtured to its full limit and this allows for good quality weed, in the end.
- The only drawback to using these lights is that they are expensive but one ought to think of this as an investment of the highest order because it actually gives a lot of benefits for its price.
- Besides, when it comes to growing weed, one has to have their priorities changed. Everyone has their top priorities as price but in this case, it shouldn’t be that. It should actually be quality instead, because using other sources as alternatives would only lead to bad quality weed which is not the end game, after all.
- Although LEDs might be expensive in general, it comes as a package with which one can get almost everything that they need. The power-packed nature of the LEDs, in the end, comes really useful to anyone despite the nature of their use, which is why people highly strive for LEDs.
- Now that we understand how crucial it is to use the right light sources for the growth of need, one can be more aware of it the next time that they decide to grow weed.
Insights on Full Spectrum LED Grow Lights
Seeing the needs of the full spectrum led grow lights, one can truly harness the full power of its output by simply going for the right type which suits one’s needs. With that being said, all one had to do is to remember all that we have seen above when they plan on taking a different approach to growing weed than their previous endeavours!