SEO is an acronym that stands for Search Engine Optimization. SEO refers to the process of increasing the rankings of a certain web page or site to ensure maximum visibility online.
Introduction to an SEO company:
An SEO company provides these services to various businesses to help enhance their online presence. The better optimized your site is for different search engines, the more probable it is that your website shows up as the first result or as one of the results on the first page on search engine queries that are relevant to your brand or business. In the 21st century i.e. the digitalized world, SEO is more of a necessity than it is a luxury when contributing to how successful your page is. It is recommended that businesses use a professional SEO agency for digital marketing. They have experience in helping businesses reach the top ranks on search engines and know exactly what tactics will help increase the number of views your site gets and how to convert those views into customers.
What does the SEO company do and why is it imperative to hire one for a business?
To put what an SEO company does into perspective let us first take a look at the following statistic: Studies have shown that 93% of online encounters start with viewers using a search engine and around 47% of those people click on the top 3 results.
So what exactly goes into making a certain site appear on the first page of the search results? Given below are some of the factors:
- Is your website secure or not?
- If the site is compatible with mobile phones
- The page loading speed of your site
- Finding out if your website has been coded correctly?
- Standard of the content available on your site.
- Length of the content visible on your site
- Has your site has availed the use of optimized images?
An SEO company makes sure that your web page does not fall short on any of these fronts.
Make sure the following services are included in the contract of the SEO agency you hire:
Typically, a professional SEO company provides the following services:
- Analysis and optimization of the code gone into the creation of the website
- Analysis and optimization of the design and structure of the web page
- Making sure content visible on the site is optimized
- Analysis and optimization of the offline factors
Let us look into these factors more closely
- Structure analysis of your web page
- Checking whether your website is secure: This refers to checking whether your site HTTP or HTTPS. The “S” signifies that your site is secure. Even if no online transactions are happening on your site you need a secure webpage because most search engines give priority to those.
- Analytics: SEO companies install analytic tracking programs on your site to find out where the majority of your users/sales/leads originate from.
- Site errors: These errors trigger messages that are sent to different search engines conveying your page isn’t reliable enough and therefore not suitable to be a premium listed site. The usual errors include identical content/tags, 4XX errors, missing tags etc.
- Page speed: The quality of a user’s experience is an important factor for most search engines. Therefore site speed is a key element in deciding your site’s ranking.
- Meta elements: Identical title tags and duplicate onsite content etc. all influencethepage’s rankings adversely.
- txt: This is a file that is used to block search engine crawlers from indexing parts of your page that you want hidden from public view.
- Analyzing website content:
The SEO agency looks for and weeds out the following problemsassociated with your web content:
- Compatibility of your content with voice search
- Poorly chosen keywords
- Content that does not rank very high
- Plagiarism or issues with duplicate content
- Dysfunctional or missing pages
- Lack of consistency when it comes to the details on the site itself.
Ultimately the performance of your website depends on the content itself as that is what will draw views and potential customers.
- Analyzing your SEO offline:
Apart from your website there are tons of other places that influence your online presence. Blogs related to the services you provide, website review sites, directories available online etc. For ex: if a customer leaves a bad review regarding your pageonline your SEO company will show youhow exactly to react to it and make amends with the customer.
If you site is already popular online this usually leads to good reviews and ratings. Your agency will search the web for mentions of your site online and try to find out what other people are saying about you and how to turn those to your advantage.
- Optimizing the structure and code of your site:
- Structuring the navigation of your site so that it’s easier for potential buyers to locate what they’re looking for
- Fixing bugs or slight errors in your site’s code enabling it to run faster
- Providing links in your site to the pages within itself to ease the user’s search flow
- Removing errors picked up by search engine crawlers
- Optimizing the content on your site:
When creating a website for your business; it doesn’t end once the site has been launched. It’s not like you create the site and add all your details then forget about it. It is a continuous process of creating new and attractive content on a regular basis to drive traffic to your site. Your SEO Company makes sure that the content you display on your site is not:
- Identical or plagiarized
- Lacking SEO optimized keywords that affects the ranking of your site in search results
- In need of creativity or attention pulling qualities; especially the content that you display on your landing page
- Lacking colorful images, graphics and other characteristics that could potentially change a viewer into a customer.
Hopefully this article should clear up and doubts you’ve had about SEO companies and why their services are important for any business.